Day 7 – June 21, 2008
On the 7th day we rested … until about 9:00 a.m. and then back to sight seeing. Today started off with the Historical Gardens in Annapolis Royal. They are found right downtown, beautiful 17 acre park. Was serene, and really quiet. Then on to do some Go-Cart racing. We were the only 3 people on the track, so got to race each other. Lucas mopped the floor with us. Apparently being lighter was an advantage, and as Phil said, Lucas beat him by about 5,000 doughnuts. (Also no one told me I wasn’t supposed to break on the corners! – doesn’t everybody?) He had a great time beating mom & dad.
Then we to
ured around Annapolis Royal town, won the title "World's Most Livable Small Community" at LivCom's 2004 International competition (endorsed by the United Nations), and was named one of the five Cultural Capitals of Canada in 2005. – I can see why. I started taking pictures of all these beautiful old houses and Inns, and got Phil to stop at each. Well about a block away, I just got out and walked. Every house is old and well kept and beautiful. The Inns are spectacular!
We then took a route that cut across N. S. towards Middleton & Liverpool. Both these towns are beautiful and quaint as well – perfect Norman Rockwell places to live. Fort Point Lighthouse Park is a must see! The lighthouse was lived in until the 1950’s. The drive was beautiful and scenic – road was in pretty rough shape. I will never complain again about our man-holes in Kelowna that feel like potholes! I took about 300 pictures on the drive so if we ever invite you over to see vacation photos you may want to nap first and bring supplies for a sleepover or two.

Lucas’ Statement: No facts today, but I dipped my foot in the Atlantic Ocean so I only have 3 more oceans to go.
Then we to
We then took a route that cut across N. S. towards Middleton & Liverpool. Both these towns are beautiful and quaint as well – perfect Norman Rockwell places to live. Fort Point Lighthouse Park is a must see! The lighthouse was lived in until the 1950’s. The drive was beautiful and scenic – road was in pretty rough shape. I will never complain again about our man-holes in Kelowna that feel like potholes! I took about 300 pictures on the drive so if we ever invite you over to see vacation photos you may want to nap first and bring supplies for a sleepover or two.
Lucas’ Statement: No facts today, but I dipped my foot in the Atlantic Ocean so I only have 3 more oceans to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment