Another beautiful day! Its so nice to see the sun and feel the warmth. Niagara Falls is our stop today. We actually weren’t bothered too much by the trucks and airplanes, so that was good. We had our Super 8 continental breakfast and we are off to see the falls.
I am the only one who has been here before, however it was so long ago(June of 1981. Nothing looks the same at all… except the falls. I believe it is also one of the top 10 natural world wide sites to see. The falls are as beautiful as ever. We enjoyed the views from many vantage points and enjoyed being misted by them - felt good on a hot day. You can still go down to the tunnel, and they still have the Maid of the Mist which is a boat tour up to the bottom of the falls, which hasn’t changed either. We didn’t do either of these as we wanted to go to our next destination early. The place is jam packed with tourists and high rise hotels with great views. I don't remember seeing all this on my last visit.
Next stop, Great Wolf Lodge, which is a newer complex here in Niagara. The complex has mini-golf, large arcade, and a huge in-door water park, complete with wave pool, giant tube slides, water slides, water park, and hot tubs. The complex also has 5 restaurants, spas for adults and children, happy hour for the kids with an evening story reading by mechanized puppet Moose, Bear, & Raccoon. We got an early check in time, so we quickly grabbed something to eat, and hit the waterslides for a couple of hours, ate supper and hit the arcade. Most of the complex closes at 9:00 so we return for an early night so we can do it all again tomorrow morning, and then head off to Toronto, and then north to begin our 3 days of driving through northern Ontario.
Busy fun filled day, where we could just relax, have fun and be together as a family on summer vacation. Was a great day!
3 comments:
Beautiful pictures. I am wish we were there too. I am sure you will have lots to share when you get home. When do you come back???? Must be soon, too much fun isn't good you know!!!!!
Mrs. Penner
Terry,
I know how good you are with dates from your past (no hold it - that is Phil). So when you were in Niagara in 1981 - do you remember what you were wearing? :-) LOL
Ron
Ron, yes, the exact date I do not remember, however I actually do remember what I was wearing! I had on cream pants and a red hawaiian looking top. Also, when we went through the tunnel, we had to wear these black/green raincoats that felt like rubber! I was carrying my reddy-brown clutch purse and wore sandles. My feet were soaked after! Once we got back to my roommates parents place we made home made ice cream and ate pretzels.It was a great day
TL
Post a Comment