Wednesday, March 10th
We leave Vegas behind today after going back to see Siegfried and Roy’s secret garden and Dolphin habitat. The beautiful white lions with the blue eyes and the dolphins with the endless happy smile were a great start to the day. We all feel the love, and...the rain, and the wind.
We also stop to see the Venetian to see the goldola boats and the italian style hotel. Nice place, beautiful painted ceilings and looks just like how I imagine Venice would be. Some lady stopped me at a makeup booth, commented on my eyes, ( and then on my wrinkles - what are those!) and started smearing serum under my eyes. She says it immediately took away my wrinkles! I looked, and you know how it is when someone points out your flaws, they seem bigger...well, need I say more?! Anyway, buy the end of the day I had a full fledged reaction to this serum - total infection in my eye. So now it is a crimson red color and my skin is puffy and swollen at the bottom and top of my eye. However... I cannot find a wrinkle! Hopefully some claritin and eyedrops will clear it up!
Hoover Dam is the next stop. Security is quite tight at the dam for obvious reasons, however our tour guide (the dam boss) told us of a day not too long ago when one staff memeber forgot to shut a door in the tunnels. In the morning, they found oozing oil from some machinery and mountain lion foot prints. He explained that this is why on tours they send the children in first and the guide follows. (He explains they do this for security reasons so they can count the visitors as they move buy) but really its because the tour guids are not expendible - how would we find out way out. Children apparently are.
Off to Barstow, California, where we will start our trek home on the west coast. None of us can stand going up through Utah, and Idaho again. Too much of nothing to see.
Well, here’s to the west coast and hopefully some sunshine! :-)
2 comments:
I have sensitive skin and I can't use any of those serum things.
I thought I didn't need to go back to Vegas but I obviously missed a few things to see, maybe I will have to make another trip.
I hope the infection clears up and you find sun. We had snow today!
Love,
Shari
Shari, Thank you for your note! This sensative skin stuff is for the birds!. I now have 2 puffy pockets below my right eye so it looks like I had a couple all nighters!
Snow!!! we've been avoiding snow all trip! Maybe we should re-think coming home
ciao for now
TL
Post a Comment